School Based Health Center
The MHHC School Based Health Center network has been in existence since 1982. This is a partnership with a variety of schools in the community to improve the well being of children and families by providing onsite access to healthcare, including mental health and health education services. Currently, the program operates in ten schools in the Bronx serving over 10,000 children from kindergarten to the 12th grade. In addition to onsite healthcare, the MHHC health team educates parents about obtaining health insurance for their children and the entire family.
For more information, click here.
- Physical Examinations
- Treatment of problems such as asthma, diabetes, and obesity
- Treatment of minor injuries and illnesses
- Counseling for behavioral problems and emotional problems
- Mental health services (including family counseling and group counseling)
- Dental examinations and education
- Teaching about nutrition and health
- Vision and hearing testing